Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe

Since I'm in the baking mood and have some bananas that I need to use, I thought I'd share my favorite recipe for Banana Bread.

I have an old cookbook called, "Beat This". This is
a compilation of "the best" recipes. There are recipes for apple crisp, blueberry muffins, mashed potatoes, gravy, meat loaf, sugar cookies,  etc...and the best banana bread.

This was my "go-to" banana bread recipe for years, but it did bother me a little that it used TWO sticks of butter. Not very calorie conscience.



Now I have found another banana bread recipe that I absolutely love. It's called Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread. It uses only 1/3 cup of melted butter and I usually add half butter and half coconut oil. What I love about it is the cinnamon sugar that you add to the middle of the muffin/bread and the cinnamon sugar that you sprinkle on top before baking. Sweet! I prefer making muffins instead of bread for two reasons. I can make mini muffins and not eat as much at a time and also there is more cinnamon sugar per mini muffin. I love that extra little cinnamon swirl.

Another thing that I thought I'd share is my favorite muffin tin liners. I have some cute designer liners that I use for special occasions, but if I used them every time I made muffins, I'd go through them pretty fast. I found some "everyday"  liners on Amazon. These muffin tin liners are white, come 500 to a box and are only $10.95.


No comments:

Post a Comment