Monday, March 10, 2014

The Essentials About Essential Oils

My Garden Anywhere Box page is foremost about gardening...especially in a GAB, but I also like to post things that I feel passionately about. This includes being prepared for what may come...hence being able to grow your own food... and sharing my knowledge about essential oils.

This is a story about lavender.

 A few days ago, my son went to pay his rent on his apartment. His landlady was in distress with a case of hives. She was itchy and her arms were covered in a rash. She had tried several things to relieve her pain, but nothing was working.

My son called me to see what I would suggest to help his landlady. I knew that he had just the basic oils at his apartment (lavender, peppermint, lemon, and a few oil blends). I knew that lavender was probably the best bet for her situation. I told him to take the lavender oil down and let her try it.
We hung up and my son took her his little bottle of lavender. About 5 minutes later he called back, excited! He told me that the oil worked almost immediately. She rubbed a few drops on her arms and the itching STOPPED! She was excited! He was excited! I was excited! I've used lavender for burns, allergies, calming during stress, headaches, sunburns and a few other things. I know it works. It's a good oil to have in your First Aid kit.

I have so many stories to share about essential oils. Oils work!  They are cell to cell communication with the body.  You can rub peppermint on your feet and it will travel through the body in a matter of seconds. You can taste it in your mouth. You can rub oils down your spine. Viruses live in the spine. A good anti-viral oil will help kill a virus.

I would encourage you to learn about essential oils. There are many brands to choose from. The important thing is that they should be for healing purposes. You don't want an  oil that just "smells good."  These oils are often synthetic and used for candles and such. You want the pure oil (blood) of the plants.

Here  and here are articles that give a more indepth study about essential oils.

2 comments:

  1. Although I have lavender oil I did not know there were so many ways to use it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lavender is one of my favorites along with peppermint and Thieves. There is so much to learn about essential oils. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete