Friday, November 7, 2014

Taking Pictures







When you see my pics, does it help you to see planting and harvesting in a different way?  Planting, not just to harvest, but to include color, texture and shape in your decision about what to plant. I  hope that when you see my daily pics, it will inspire you to take pictures of your own harvests and share the beauty of nature with others. 





June 16, 2013




I did not always take pictures of my harvests. For one thing, there was not much to harvest...lol. Another reason was that when I went out into the garden, I was there to work, to weed and hoe. I didn't even really think about taking pictures. 






One Day's Harvest



These two pictures are examples of harvests before using a basket. The one to the right was from a few years ago It was one day's harvest.  The picture above was my first harvest picture from 2013. Five zucchinis. The basket would follow three days later. 










A tomato harvest - 2012


The pictures that you see today, evolved over time. I didn't have a basket.  When I actually had something to harvest,  I would grab a bowl or pail and head out to the garden to harvest tomatoes. 

One day I was at Hobby Lobby and saw a basket that I thought would be perfect for my daily harvests. I love baskets and especially this one because it is not deep like my other baskets. 

Now that we garden in GABs, I have lots to harvest.  Below are pictures of harvest pictures from my 2014 garden.






In this first picture, I show the sizes of my baskets. The one on the right is my original basket. It's about 10 inches across. It's holds a good amount of food. I saw the same basket, just a little bigger at Hobby Lobby one day and decided to get it for days that the garden was really producing. It's about 16 inches across. The basket in the middle is one of my regular baskets that I have on top of a bookshelf in my library. This day, I needed the BIG baskets for my harvest. 












The picture on the right is of a three day harvest. Lots of work ahead of me in the kitchen! 












This year I decided to look for another  basket as a spare, but discovered that Hobby Lobby no longer carries "my" basket.

I did find a wire mesh basket that I thought looked interesting. Now you can see all the way inside. 








The next picture is a weeks worth of tomatoes. Between harvesting, farmers markets and other errands, I found myself behind in the kitchen. Yikes! 










I like to combine different colors, shapes and varieties, not only to have diversity in my baskets, but to have diversity in my kitchen. This basket combines the beauty of sunflowers with the harvest of zucchini, squash, tomatoes, cucumbers and assorted herbs.





If you had told me a few years ago, that I could be a successful gardener without working so hard to till the ground and weed my traditional garden, I'm not sure that I would have believed you. A traditional garden was how we did it. I had tried raised beds, but not with much success. I thought that there was no easy way to garden and no easy way to grow my own produce.  Garden Anywhere Box has changed my perspective.


Garden Anywhere Box makes it easier to be a successful gardener. I can attest to that. I WAS that gardener who worked in the garden with little to show for it. I was convinced that I had "brown thumbs" and would kill anything that I tried to grow. After gardening with GAB, I finally consider myself a successful gardener. I love going out to the garden, I Phone in hand, to see who is in the garden and what is ready to harvest.  I only use natural light from the sun. No filters or special apps to alter my daily harvest pics. I do sometimes play with my pictures after posting my daily harvest pic, but what you see is what you get on the original.




I know that if GAB can help me be successful, this method of gardening can help anyone. I'm excited now about gardening. I can't wait to see what is ready to harvest. 

Once you realize that you can be a successful gardener, the sky is the limit on what you can grow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment