Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hello, This is Justin from KWTV News 9..



We can not thank Brian and Brent enough for doing a story in the Journal Record about Garden Anywhere Box. From that article, we were contacted by Kent Myers from The Verdict and also by Justin Dougherty from KWTV News 9.

We invite people to come out to see our garden if they want to make the drive, so getting a phone call to do so was not unusual. Larry answered the ring, talked for a few minutes and hung up. I asked who called. Larry said, "That was Justin Dougherty from News 9. He read about us in the Journal Record and wants to come out and do a story about Garden Anywhere Box." (OMGoodness!!!)  "When", I asked. "Now," said Larry. WHAT!!!

It's about a 30 minute drive from OKC to where we live. We excitedly waited while Justin made the drive out to our home. We took him around to our back deck to see our garden. It was July 24 and about 100 degrees. (yippee).

Justin got his camera set up and told Larry that he "just wanted to talk for a few minutes". Justin asked questions and Larry began to talk. I love that Justin was able to put Larry right at ease, while filming the whole time.

They visited for about 10 minutes. I was filming the interview with my phone...until I ran out of memory. At this point I dashed...really, I dashed... into the house to retrieve my camera and continue filming. The interview lasted about 15 minutes.  I don't think I missed too much. We all remarked how hot is was out on the back deck. We concluded the interview, thanked Justin, gave him some tomatoes and got a picture with him before he left. He said to look for our spot on the 5:00 news. "One minute on television, forever on the internet," Justin said.

Here is the link to our minute of fame. I have the full interview to post to our you tube page if I can just figure out how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment